Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weight gain, clothes and more

So it's been a while. We had our latest appointment last week, June 2nd, and it went really well. I did the gestational diabetes test and haven't heard anything back from them yet so I am assuming that is a good thing. Last time, after my Cystic Fibrosis tests came back positive, they called pretty soon after.

Lola is measuring great and weighed 2 pounds and 4 ounces last week. My doctor is a little concerned about my weight, although she says Lola is fine. She says that if I don't gain weight during my pregnancy, then right after I have Lola I will basically be all out of energy completely. She also said it would make breastfeeding more difficult because I don't have the extra weight and nourishment. When I went in last week I had gained 3 pounds since I got pregnant. Since I am over 6 1/2 months, she suggested that I significantly increase my food intake in order to gain the 25-35 pounds I am supposed to gain. When I stepped on the scale yesterday, I saw that I had lost 2 pounds which makes me 1 pound in the positive since I got pregnant. It's a frustrating cycle...I feel like I am eating a lot and often, but the weight just isn't sticking with me. I go back to the doctor during the last week of June. She told me I should have gained ten pounds by then....we will see what happens.

Other than that, life is great. Summer vacation came just in time and I am having a blast relaxing. I washed all of Lola's newborn clothes and they already take up her entire closet. We have so many clothes! I'll update again soon....Keith and I are going to go hang out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment