Thursday, June 10, 2010

The doctor called...

So after being pretty excited about hearing nothing back from the doctor in yesterday's post, the doctor just called. When I saw her name on my cell phone, my heart dropped. I couldn't help thinking that I had gestational diabetes...I mean why else would they call? But, I don't. My gestational diabetes test came back negative. However, the reason they called was because my bloodwork came back and showed that I am anemic.

I kind of knew I was anemic before so it wasn't really a big shocker. I have been told I am anemic several times and have taken prescription iron at different points in my life. However, none of the doctors were ever really consistent about if I just had low iron or was actually anemic and when I would get my blood checked (while taking the pills) my iron would be fine....which makes sense. So anyway, the doctor wants me to go get slow release iron and start taking it daily.

It's nice to know that I don't have gestational diabetes. It's not so nice to have to take more medicine...but all is well so who am I to complain?

Much love to Lola....

No comments:

Post a Comment