Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Test Results, Gifts, and such




So yesterday my doctor called me with my blood test results and told me that I am a carrier for the Cystic Fibrosis gene. 1 in 30 people are carriers. This means now that Keith has to go get tested to see if he is a carrier as well. They said it is very unlikely that both of us would be carriers. If we both are, then our child would have a 1 in 4 chance of having CF.
I'm not really worried at this point. I know they have to do all kinds of tests and if I start worrying about "What if" every time we get results, I would drive myself crazy.
Everyone has been sending the nicest gifts and I feel like it is Christmas every single day.
Jeff and Molly sent us a beautiful Willowtree Angel (which we collect).
Emily has sent me lots of clothes and a breast pump and some diapers. (She is READY to be an aunt!)
Clayton sent Keith and me a journal yesterday and it is the perfect gift. It gives Keith and I a chance to write down all of our feelings about the pregnancy and record it in a nice way. It will be a great gift for our child someday.
I tried to attach pictures of some of the gifts above :)
Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, first of all I really HOPE that you and Emily had a conversation about you needing a breast pump and that is why she sent it to you. If not it would be really ridiculous (but not surprising) if she just randomly sent you a breast pump.

    Secondly, there is a 1 in 3200 chance that a caucasian baby is born with CF. If you would have put that in your blog I wouldn't have had to spend 30 minutes trying to do Bayes Conditional Probability Theorem to figure it out.

    Lastly, I am truly excited that y'all like the journal. As long as it took for me to find a really good one, it would have been very frustrating if it ended up not being all that great.

    Love You.

    ReplyDelete