Monday, March 1, 2010

High-Risk Doctor


So today I went to the high-risk doctor to discuss any possible risks we could have along the way. They looked for Down Syndrome in the Ultrasound and said that they are VERY certain that our baby does not have any signs at all of Down Syndrome. It took them about 30 minutes to get the neck measurements for the test because our baby wouldn't move! It's heart was beating perfectly but it was simply being stubborn. I must have coughed a hundred times and moved a million different ways....but the baby just wouldn't budge. The doctor told me that our baby is very stubborn so we better get ready. Ha...I was kind of expecting a stubborn baby though...I mean Keith and I are BOTH very stubborn.


After talking about the risks, the doctor told me what the gender of the baby was...with an 80% certainty. He said they won't know 100% until a few more weeks...however he said that 80% is a pretty good guess. I haven't asked Keith if he cares if I share what the doctor said....so sorry but y'all have to wait until he says it's okay to share.


My nausea is getting less and less frequent so that's nice. However, I have been having horrible headaches so please pray that those go away soon.


Much love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds really exciting and overwhelming at the same time.

    Since Ashley said I couldn't write the joke I wanted to I'll just say that I'm torn about wanting to know if your baby is a boy or a girl. Part of me doesn't want to know because it may take some excitement out of it but then the other part wants to know so I won't have to keep correcting myself when I refer to your baby as "He" all of the time.

    That being said if I had to guess, even though I've realized I hope it's a boy, I think it's a girl. If you think about it girls are much more stubborn and they can frustrate you to the point of giving you constant headaches and even make you nauseous. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote girl. Are we voting because I just did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all crack me up...and Clayton I understand how you feel. It's sort of how I feel in a way. I feel like I don't want to get too excited about knowing either way because it could change in a few weeks. 80% is a high chance, but there is still that lingering 20%. Also, Keith wants to wait and tell everyone when we know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sarah & Keith!! I'm so happy for you all! What a sweet little blessing! The headaches---just go ahead and take some medicine---I was always stubborn and didn't want to take anything---but really if the doctor says it's OK, it REALLY is OK---That really helped me when I finally started taking some meds to help---since it's been awhile since I was pregnant--thank goodness!! I don't know what to tell you to take, but certainly your doctor could tell you---I can't wait to follow along as you tell us all about your experience! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete