Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NST and such

Wow I have been slacking off completely. Well let's see what I can update....

Last Monday (over a week ago) I went to the doctor for my normal visit and for my last (and 4D) ultrasound. The ultrasound was great...Lola was adorable! Then I went for my visit after and they asked me about how much she is moving. Well...Lola really doesn't really move that much. I have told them every single time that she doesn't move much but as I get further along, they get more worried apparently. So they did a NST (Fetal Non-Stress Test) and after 2 hours, Lola had only moved like twice. So then I had to stay hooked up to the machine for what seemed like FOREVER and she finally started moving a little more. But they weren't satisfied, so I had to go across the street to the high-risk doctor where they did another ultrasound. They said that Lola's cord is wrapped around her neck, but she is completely fine. They did say that it's fairly common but something that really has to be monitored. They said if I ever go an hour without feeling her move 10 times, I need to go to the emergency room. The high-risk doctor told me to drink plenty of gatorade and water.

Overall, it has seemed to really be a lot better in the past week. I thought that drinking 8 bottles of water a day was enough before but now I realize that I have to drink a LOT more...and drinking gatorade has seemed to really help.

I do have to have a NST every week now until delivery. I went Monday and she moved enough in twenty minutes. However, she had the hiccups at the beginning so that really helped the count. :)

Tonight we start birthing classes. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment